Re: [feline-heart] lynna

  • VHess2000@cs.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
      Thank you so much for your kind words. After my grief has abated abit, I'm
      planning to create a web site for owners of cardio cats threatened with
      embolisms, and owners faced with the decision of what do once a cat has
      suffered one. I've learned a lot over the last six months, from research
      I've found on the web. Although there are medicines available to support
      heart function, and lower blood pressure, there is little reliable info about
      either pharmacueticals of supplements that can bust existing clots, or
      prevent ones from breaking off from within the heart. The type of web site I
      envision, would serve as a resource that both owners and vets could use when
      determining treatment protocols, that included the results of double-blind
      studies, and case studies of animals that have successfully resolved an ST or
      prevented one. I've found that very few vets agree on treatment. I am
      interested in hearing from other owners of cardio cats who have info to
      share. Please pass my email address to anyone you see fit.

      May I ask, what type of heart disease TC suffered from died from, how long he
      (?) lived after diagnosis, and the medications he took?

      Victoria
    • Beth Argall
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
        I lost a kitty to CRF two years ago. After I brought his ashes home, I fully
        intended to place them in the garden and mark the spot with a pretty plant or a
        memorial stone. As it turned out, I just couldn't do it and they still sit on
        a shelf in my bookcase with his ID tags inside the box.

        Beth

        shyskit@... wrote:

        > hello,
        > i just read your articles about pet loss over the website. your suggestions
        > are very good and i have tried some of them like looking at photos, etc. i
        > have one more step to go thru and that is when i will be getting prissys
        > ashes on friday. i know that will be very hard. i plan on keeping them for a
        > while on top of the fireplace. thanks for all your help. sue L

      • Mike & Linda Irrgang
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
          dear victoria,

          my heart goes out to you and kira. it sounds like you have been through a
          really hard time....i hope that you can find some solace knowing that kira
          is no longer suffering and in pain...you however will have to bear it in her
          stead and that is of course very hard. take comfort knowing that you did
          everything you could for her and she was lucky to have you to take care of
          her. i liked your idea of creating an object memorial with her ashes....i
          know how special that will be for you and also for kira when she realizes
          what you have done. i will keep you and kira in my thoughts and prayers.

          linda and the boys

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2001
            Sue,
            You are quite welcome. We light a candle still each night for Phillip
            right next to his ashes and with a photo of him on the table too. We
            also light a candle to pray for Sabrina and we always light a third
            for all our kitty friends in need. Somehow it helps. I use the scented
            candles from Glade and the smell is nice too....Isn't this just the
            worst thing in the world to go through? I am so sorry for you.
            Lynna