Re: [feline-heart] lynna

  • the chunns
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
      Dear Victoria,

      I am so sorry for your loss of Kira. The story of her last hours was so
      very
      sad - and horrifying. I am just amazed at the lack of compassion so many
      vets seemed to have - just because they do not know exactly what to do
      should not mean that they do nothing. Poor little kitty - I know those
      clots are
      so painful and it was the thing I feared all through my TC's illness. You
      did
      all you could have possibly done for her and she knows that - it is just so
      very
      hard to deal with all of it.

      pat
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
        Thank you so much for your kind words. After my grief has abated abit, I'm
        planning to create a web site for owners of cardio cats threatened with
        embolisms, and owners faced with the decision of what do once a cat has
        suffered one. I've learned a lot over the last six months, from research
        I've found on the web. Although there are medicines available to support
        heart function, and lower blood pressure, there is little reliable info about
        either pharmacueticals of supplements that can bust existing clots, or
        prevent ones from breaking off from within the heart. The type of web site I
        envision, would serve as a resource that both owners and vets could use when
        determining treatment protocols, that included the results of double-blind
        studies, and case studies of animals that have successfully resolved an ST or
        prevented one. I've found that very few vets agree on treatment. I am
        interested in hearing from other owners of cardio cats who have info to
        share. Please pass my email address to anyone you see fit.

        May I ask, what type of heart disease TC suffered from died from, how long he
        (?) lived after diagnosis, and the medications he took?

        Victoria
      • Beth Argall
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
          I lost a kitty to CRF two years ago. After I brought his ashes home, I fully
          intended to place them in the garden and mark the spot with a pretty plant or a
          memorial stone. As it turned out, I just couldn't do it and they still sit on
          a shelf in my bookcase with his ID tags inside the box.

          Beth

          shyskit@... wrote:

          > hello,
          > i just read your articles about pet loss over the website. your suggestions
          > are very good and i have tried some of them like looking at photos, etc. i
          > have one more step to go thru and that is when i will be getting prissys
          > ashes on friday. i know that will be very hard. i plan on keeping them for a
          > while on top of the fireplace. thanks for all your help. sue L

        • Mike & Linda Irrgang
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
            dear victoria,

            my heart goes out to you and kira. it sounds like you have been through a
            really hard time....i hope that you can find some solace knowing that kira
            is no longer suffering and in pain...you however will have to bear it in her
            stead and that is of course very hard. take comfort knowing that you did
            everything you could for her and she was lucky to have you to take care of
            her. i liked your idea of creating an object memorial with her ashes....i
            know how special that will be for you and also for kira when she realizes
            what you have done. i will keep you and kira in my thoughts and prayers.

            linda and the boys

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2001
              Sue,
              You are quite welcome. We light a candle still each night for Phillip
              right next to his ashes and with a photo of him on the table too. We
              also light a candle to pray for Sabrina and we always light a third
              for all our kitty friends in need. Somehow it helps. I use the scented
              candles from Glade and the smell is nice too....Isn't this just the
              worst thing in the world to go through? I am so sorry for you.
              Lynna