lynna

  • shyskit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
      hello,
      i just read your articles about pet loss over the website. your suggestions
      are very good and i have tried some of them like looking at photos, etc. i
      have one more step to go thru and that is when i will be getting prissys
      ashes on friday. i know that will be very hard. i plan on keeping them for a
      while on top of the fireplace. thanks for all your help. sue L

    • VHess2000@cs.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
        My own Kira's cremains are supposed to be dropped off today. Somehow I think
        I will feel a little better when I can keep them near. I've found a company
        on the web that mixes a pet's ashes into clay to create a tear-drop shaped
        oil lamp and think I may chose this option. I spent the morning clearing the
        clutter of her last days off the bathroom counter this morning, and it was so
        hard. I was so frantic her last day, that there were prescriptions bottles
        thrown everywhere. After she threw her second blood clot, I immediately ran
        to the bathroom to find a baby aspirin to give her, hoping it would slow the
        clotting, before I drove her to the vet. There is still a baby aspirin on
        the floor, from my fumbling with the bottle. I'm inclined to keep it there
        for a while, I think. I'm not ready to throw her things out, but will try to
        find a rescue organization to take her heart med's.

        It really helps to share these moments. I feel like she's still here and
        want to talk about it, but my nonanimal friends don't understand.

        Victoria,
        Friend to Kira, newly gone over the Bridge
      • the chunns
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
          Dear Victoria,

          I am so sorry for your loss of Kira. The story of her last hours was so
          very
          sad - and horrifying. I am just amazed at the lack of compassion so many
          vets seemed to have - just because they do not know exactly what to do
          should not mean that they do nothing. Poor little kitty - I know those
          clots are
          so painful and it was the thing I feared all through my TC's illness. You
          did
          all you could have possibly done for her and she knows that - it is just so
          very
          hard to deal with all of it.

          pat

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
            Thank you so much for your kind words. After my grief has abated abit, I'm
            planning to create a web site for owners of cardio cats threatened with
            embolisms, and owners faced with the decision of what do once a cat has
            suffered one. I've learned a lot over the last six months, from research
            I've found on the web. Although there are medicines available to support
            heart function, and lower blood pressure, there is little reliable info about
            either pharmacueticals of supplements that can bust existing clots, or
            prevent ones from breaking off from within the heart. The type of web site I
            envision, would serve as a resource that both owners and vets could use when
            determining treatment protocols, that included the results of double-blind
            studies, and case studies of animals that have successfully resolved an ST or
            prevented one. I've found that very few vets agree on treatment. I am
            interested in hearing from other owners of cardio cats who have info to
            share. Please pass my email address to anyone you see fit.

            May I ask, what type of heart disease TC suffered from died from, how long he
            (?) lived after diagnosis, and the medications he took?

            Victoria
          • Beth Argall
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
              I lost a kitty to CRF two years ago. After I brought his ashes home, I fully
              intended to place them in the garden and mark the spot with a pretty plant or a
              memorial stone. As it turned out, I just couldn't do it and they still sit on
              a shelf in my bookcase with his ID tags inside the box.

              Beth

              shyskit@... wrote:

              > hello,
              > i just read your articles about pet loss over the website. your suggestions
              > are very good and i have tried some of them like looking at photos, etc. i
              > have one more step to go thru and that is when i will be getting prissys
              > ashes on friday. i know that will be very hard. i plan on keeping them for a
              > while on top of the fireplace. thanks for all your help. sue L

            • Mike & Linda Irrgang
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
                dear victoria,

                my heart goes out to you and kira. it sounds like you have been through a
                really hard time....i hope that you can find some solace knowing that kira
                is no longer suffering and in pain...you however will have to bear it in her
                stead and that is of course very hard. take comfort knowing that you did
                everything you could for her and she was lucky to have you to take care of
                her. i liked your idea of creating an object memorial with her ashes....i
                know how special that will be for you and also for kira when she realizes
                what you have done. i will keep you and kira in my thoughts and prayers.

                linda and the boys

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 6, 2001
                  Sue,
                  You are quite welcome. We light a candle still each night for Phillip
                  right next to his ashes and with a photo of him on the table too. We
                  also light a candle to pray for Sabrina and we always light a third
                  for all our kitty friends in need. Somehow it helps. I use the scented
                  candles from Glade and the smell is nice too....Isn't this just the
                  worst thing in the world to go through? I am so sorry for you.
                  Lynna