Re: [feline-heart] Widgie's still tired

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2001
      Good news on the heart rate. My regular vet says that's the best med for
      getting the heart rate under control.

      No one really knew what happened to Annie, but their best guess was some
      sort of autoimmune problem caused her to throw clots until she was extremely
      weak and debilitated. Her kidneys had caused weight loss but were under
      control, her heart disease had been so mild no one treated it, and her left
      atrium had no enlargement at all. She didn't have FIV, FeLV, or FIP. They
      didn't suspect cancer or anything else.

      A similar thing happened to another cat a year ago on the CRF list, and the
      cat's vet also suspected an autoimmune issue. That seems to be what they say
      when they have no good answer.

      Give Widgie a hug from us.

      Laura