minor update on Bleach

  • iii_v@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
      Hello!

      Thank you so much for such outpouring support! i really appreciate
      it.

      Well, the good news is, Bleach hasn't coughed since earlier last
      week, at least not in my presence.. So I'm starting to conclude that
      any phisiological symptoms she was showing earlier last week is
      somehow related to the stress she felt with the pet sitter incident
      (I really wish i knew what exactly happened!). Her appetite is good,
      and she is drinking and using her litterbox like there's no tomorrow
      as usual (how can two cats soil the litter box so much in one
      day???? sheesh!)

      I also talked to the vet (btw, she's very good about talking to me
      about Bleach), and made me feel better. One thing I forgot to
      mention was that when i was clipping Bleach's claws last week, i
      found two that looked more or less broken from the base, and had some
      evidence of bleeding. First i thought it was some bad reaction to
      the drug, or something, causing the nails to be brittle (that's what
      happens to humans, so it wasn't too far fetched idea). As it turned
      out, the vets clipped couple of her claws very short during her blood
      clot episode to see how badly her circulation was affected. So
      either the claw had a stress line from that deep clipping, and it
      flaked and cracked when Bleach was using the scratching posts, or I
      just freaked looking at this "broken" claw since I never clip it that
      short (yes. I never looked at her paw until last week since I was a
      bit afraid to touch her paw that had the blood clot problem, so I
      didn't notice it was even short until now)

      so mystery solved, and I'm a bit more relaxed.

      The vet said that if bleach seems to cough more often, and either
      starts to lose appetite, get more of a pot-belly, etc., to call her
      again. She's willing to give her some diuretics to see if the
      symptoms go away (the vet is also against bringing the cat to her,
      so...)

      So, she's still on "maintenance of quality of life" mode. and she's
      doing quite well.

      Now i just have to find a pet sitter she can get along with... (any
      recommendations in the SF Bay area/Peninsula is appreciated!)

      Isako
    • gea@alumni.duke.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
        Isako,

        Hooray for you & Bleach! I'm glad she is doing better. Keep up the
        great work & give her a chin scratch for us.

        Gail & Malcolm