Spud is an angel

  • gcatsndogs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2001
      There is no easy way to start--I don't have any eloquent words at this
      point because there is a gaping chasm where my heart used to be.
      Spud died Wednesday afternoon. Mark and I were both home with him.
      We had hoped he would go peacefully in his sleep, but that wasn't
      meant to be. He died on our bed so we lay with him for a little
      while—crying and telling him how dearly we loved him.
      I called the pet cemetery/crematorium to see if we could make an
      appointment for that day. We were able to have him cremated early
      Wednesday evening.
      I have felt like a zombie since then. It's been very difficult to go
      to work. Yesterday I went to get my allergy shot, and started sobbing
      as soon as the nurse asked me how I was doing. Fortunately she was an
      animal person and understood my grief. Mark has dealt with his grief
      by keeping busy. Part of Mark's comfort has come from the fact that
      Spud no longer has to get stuck for subqs and is free from the all the
      pills.
      I will post all of Spud's meds for donation later when I can deal with
      it.
      Thanks for all the kindness we have been shown.

      Rachel and Mark an
    • Lynna
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2001
        Dear Rachel and Mark,
        I am so very sorry to hear about Spud crossing the bridge on Wednesday
        night. I am so very very sorry. You have a gaping hole where your
        heart is because it is broken, I know. I went through this in February
        when my little boy PHillip died of kidney failure; I know how awful it
        is.

        I have heard it said that time in heaven is different than time on
        earth. 100 years on earth is but a blink of an eye in Heaven. If
        this is true, Spud won't even have time to open a can of catfood
        before you and Mark join him. He won't even know he beat you to
        Heaven.

        My heartfelt sympathies to you both at this difficult time. May you
        know peace as Spud is knowing peace.
        Lynna

        --- In feline-heart@y..., gcatsndogs@a... wrote:
        > There is no easy way to start--I don't have any eloquent words at
        this
        > point because there is a gaping chasm where my heart used to be.
        > Spud died Wednesday afternoon. Mark and I were both home with him.

        > We had hoped he would go peacefully in his sleep, but that wasn't
        > meant to be. He died on our bed so we lay with him for a little
        > while—crying and telling him how dearly we loved him.
        > I called the pet cemetery/crematorium to see if we could make an
        > appointment for that day. We were able to have him cremated early
        > Wednesday evening.
        > I have felt like a zombie since then. It's been very difficult to
        go
        > to work. Yesterday I went to get my allergy shot, and started
        sobbing
        > as soon as the nurse asked me how I was doing. Fortunately she was
        an
        > animal person and understood my grief. Mark has dealt with his
        grief
        > by keeping busy. Part of Mark's comfort has come from the fact that
        > Spud no longer has to get stuck for subqs and is free from the all
        the
        > pills.
        > I will post all of Spud's meds for donation later when I can deal
        with
        > it.
        > Thanks for all the kindness we have been shown.
        >
        > Rachel and Mark an
      • Beth Argall
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 30, 2001
          Dear Rachel and Mark,

          I am so sorry to hear about Spud. This is a difficult time for you but Spud
          has ended his pain and suffering and is at peace. He had a terrific cat-mom
          and cat-dad.

          I'm glad you posted his and the other pictures.

          Beth and Beethoven
        • the chunns
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 30, 2001
            Dear Rachel and Mark,

            I am so sorry for the loss of your angel Spud - what a blessing you could
            both be with him as he passed. I know the grief you are feeling now - it is
            so intense and painful, just go with it,don't even try to hold back your
            emotions. But please be comforted with the thought that Spud's spirit will
            be with you always, he will be in your hearts forever.

            love,
            pat

          • gea@alumni.duke.edu
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 30, 2001
              Hi, Rachel and Mark,

              I'm so sad to hear about Spud. I didn't know him at all, but I already
              liked him because he had such a great name.. and an unforgettable
              face. :)

              I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I know I
              can't. Just know that we understand and share your grief. Spud was
              very very lucky to have such caring humans in his life. I hope you can
              also feel some sense of contentment that you were able to care for him
              so well until the end. OUr prayers are with you,

              Gail & Malcolm
            • diane
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                Rachel and Mark,

                I am so sorry to hear about Spud. :(

                You were a great mom & dad to him..... Time will ease the pain and
                someday happy memories will outweigh the sad ones..

                All my best,

                Diane

              • Mike & Linda Irrgang
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                  dear rachel,

                  my heart goes out to you and mark . i hope you can find some comfort in
                  knowing that he is no longer suffering....i will lite a special candle
                  tonite for spud and remind bigger, sillie, gray and the bear cat to give him
                  a special welcome at the bridge.....he will be so happy there; free from
                  pain and suffering and waiting to welcome you one day.....

                  you and mark are in my thoughts and prayers. i am so sorry for your loss.

                  linda and the boys

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2001
                    Dear Rachel and Mark,
                    I am so sorry for your loss of your Beloved Spud. I know the pain you
                    are feeling as do many of us here on the group. Someone said recently of
                    something they had read, "Memory comforts, tears heal, and love lives
                    forever". Spud will forever be in your hearts.
                    Love, Voula.