Re: [feline-heart] Decreasing Lilli's Lasix

  • Miguel &Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 6:13 AM
      Pum and Max and I are going to be having positives thoughts for Lilli.

    • JoWC123@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 1:31 PM
        ((((((Lilli))))))

        Prayers for Lilli. Prayers for Lilli's Mom who is making such an effort to
        help.

        One of the things I did with Yoda and his failure was to count his
        respirations (usually twice a day) and keep a log as to respirations, when he
        got fluids and what his meds were. I also kept track of eating and pooping,
        which as you said is so difficult for kitties with failure. Then when we
        went to the vets we could tell how what we were doing was effecting his
        condition. I also learned how to count the heart rate, but Yoda had hyperT
        so that was important in his case.

        Hang in there, so far so good.

        Jo and the brown boys, Loki and angel Yoda
      • gran_patti
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2000
          thank you so much, you are just wonderful. So far, so good for her, This
          is the beginning of the third day on the reduced amounts and I really think
          that she is coping. I will hve to drop it again in a few days but I am so
          afraid of going to fast and sending her into pleural effusion again. It was
          touch and go about getting her back from the last time, Thank you Patti
          and Lilli
          > Pum and Max and I are going to be having positives thoughts for Lilli.
          >

          > gran_patti wrote:
          >
          > > Dear people. I am wondering if you will hold good thoughts for Lilli
          and for me. I have been slowly lowering her lasix. During her big crash it
          took l0 mg every six hours to work for her for a total of 40 mg a day or
          every 24 hour period. Today I am starting a new level and it seems scary to
          me to do this. I still have visions of her distress with all that liquid
          in her chest and my fear of loosing her to heart failure or kidney failure.
          But they have advised trying to see how far back I can cut the lasix, I
          guess they think if she crashed again, and she was still on the high dose
          where would we be able to go from the high? Although I have been slowly
          inching up to this it still seems scary. Her new level will be a total of
          20mg in a 24 hour period. The other new feature is that instead of getting
          a shot every six hours, she has to get it every 8 hours. In this case of
          frequency, I have also been stretching out the time very slowly. I had her
          up to every 7 1/2 hours.
          > > So the time and amount are going to change but very slightly, It is the
          realization that she is now getting about 1/2 of what she needed to survive
          4 weeks ago. I will be watching her like a hawk, can you relate, every
          breath she takes practically. It is that dreaded labored breathing which I
          fear seeing reoccur. Also another good time for me to assess her breathing
          is right after she climbs out of the litter box because the exertion of
          urination or pooping and then the follow up scratching and rearranging the
          litter seems to be a pretty standard event with respect to the physical
          activity levels it requires. So I will be watching. She seems pretty good
          so far, her nose is a good pinkie color and her tongue when she yawns is
          also pinkie (a far cry from the dark purple of both about 4 weeks ago) I
          guess I feel like my nerves are pretty tight. Thanks and we send our best
          to you and all the great kitties out there.

          NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
        • Miguel &Linda Irrgang
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2000
            All our positive thoughts are going your way. Did you look into the rutin or B6?
            Did you get to contact julinalf@...???? I know she has alot of helppful
            info.

            Homeopathic vets can be very helpful with thngs like liquid retention. We are
            thinking of you and Lilli alot.

            Purrs and pats,
            Max and Pum and Linda