Sachie's nine month anniversary

  • Voula Augerinos
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2001
      Dear friends,
      it is nine months today since my Beloved Sachie passed. On the day I laid my Sachie's body to rest and I was coming home with my friend Barbara, I had the most amazing experience of being showered with Rainbows all the way home. Then at one point of the journey the most amazing double Rainbow appeared and it was so close to the car that Barbara and I felt we were going to pass through the arches of both Rainbows. It was an unforgettable experience that will live with me forever. I took photos of some of the Rainbows after the brilliant double Rainbow and the photos will always remind me that this wonderful thing did indeed happen to us. Whilst we were embraced by the double Rainbow the song "That's what friends are for" came on the radio. This song describes the love I shared with my Sachie so well. Sachie was my little shadow, always with me, and through Sachie I came to have experiences which showed me the soul connection and communication that exists between all living beings. Sachie opened my eyes to things which I had thought might be possible, and she showed me that they are indeed real, and to believe and have faith that though we go through such pain we are also Blessed! And my Lucy who Sachie sent to me and looks so much like Sachie is my daily reminder of the miracles that I have been given in Sachie, Pebbles and Lucy.
      In memory of my Beautiful Sachie.....the lyrics of Sachie's song....

      That's What Friends Are For

      Carole Bayer Sager and Burt BacharachAnd I never thought I'd feel this way
      And as far as I'm concernedI'm glad I got the chance to say
      That I do believe I love youAnd if I should ever go away
      Well, then close your eyes and tryTo feel the way we do today,
      And then if you can remember,Keep smiling, keep shining,
      Knowing you can always count on meFor sureThat's what friends are for
      For good times and bad timesI'll be on your side forever more.
      That's what friends are forI never thought I'd feel this way
      Well you came and opened meAnd now there's so much more I see
      And so, by the way, I thank you.And then for the times when we're apart
      Well, then close your eyes and knowThese words are coming from my heart
      And then if you can rememberKeep smiling, keep shining
      Knowing you can always count on meFor sureThat's what friends are for
      In good times and bad timesI'll be on your side forevermore
      That's what friends are for

      Love, Voula.

    • shyskit@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2001
        dear voula,
        what a great experience about the rainbows! that truly is wonderful. you and
        sachie shared a close bond that nobody can ever take away and i think she was
        telling you that. today is one week since my prissy is gone, and i am sure
        they are playing together at the bridge, so full of life and health again.
        thanks for sharing your experience with us. sue L upstate ny