Teeth cleaning

  • mkratchman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007
      Hi everyone-
      I searched previous posts about teeth but couldn't find the exact
      answer pertaining to my question.
      My HCM kitty has very bad teeth. He was just into the vet for
      bloodwork a few days ago and he's doing well, but he had a major teeth
      cleaning just last year and they're already back to being just as bad
      again. I tried to keep up with the brushing, but plaque seemed to just
      take over and at some point i couldn't do anything about it.
      SO
      The vet does not want to do a cleaning on Thumper again, thinks it's
      too risky. (Last time he did it was very quick, under a milder
      anesthetic even) I'm thinking i should keep up with brushing, to keep
      bacteria away as much as possible?

      What have you all done in this situation? Past the point of brushing
      helping...but too unsafe to do a full teeth clean?

      thanks!
      michelle & thumper