Re: [FH] New soul at our house

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2007
      Hi Nancy

      Welcome to another fellow Persian owner! I've got 2 myself, my white boy Toby who has HCM, and cream tabby Benji.

      Definitely a big YES on the echo, cant stress enough how important that is. Back when Toby was first diagnosed, the vet was almost enocouraging me not to do the echo, that it was "probably nothing". Had I not listened to my gut instinct (and had I listend to him!) I'd be in a very different place today.

      Regarding the eyes - each persian is so different with this. Eye gunk is normal with all persians, but on different levels. Toby doesnt get much leakage from his eyes, so he doesnt need to much maintenace. Benji on the other hand is almost always a mess. Lots of dark brown gunk, he needs daily cleaning and I still get brown specks all over the walls. We've tried a neomycin (sp?) drops and ointment and it helped a little, I really should try it again.

      Normal persian eye gunk is dark brown. If its yellow-ish - it may be an infection. Try saline solution for cleaning its great!