update on Li Li -- and thank you!!

  • timbysmommy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      Li Li saw the cardiologist yesterday. He said she looks great. He
      thought that she would be in full blown failure by now (it has been one
      month since her initial diagnosis). Her measurements are basically
      unchanged which is good (since improvement is not likely), and there is
      no pleural effusion. I asked him about adding spiro, and he said
      probably eventually, but that she does not need it yet. He did increase
      her atenolol from 1x/day to 2x/day because he wants to really get that
      heart rate down. He is still going with his initial prognosis, about 6
      months. But I am really not going to dwell on that, especially since
      she is doing much better now than expected. I told him about the
      supplements, especially the CoQ10. He said to keep doing what I am
      doing. So it went pretty much as well as it could have!

      I just want to say thanks to everyone on this board for your advice and
      inspiration. I really am hopeful that she can have a few good months or
      maybe even longer.

      That's it for now!

      Linda and Li Li