Advice if possible

  • helen stone
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
      Dear All,
      I Just Cant believe I'm writing about another problem. I know I may need to call a vet but mine are not always easy and not very positive with Anna.
      I have been celebrating a slighly better week with anna, she's been a bit brighter. Thursday was another day under the bed but yesterday she was out from there resting but looking more comfy.
      Today, she has been under the bed most of the time again but eating well and waterworks etc all okay, she's come out a few times too, I have noticed she was licking around her upper sides below the upper spine especially the right and her fur there has been wet all day. Anyhow, this evening I went to stoke her gently and she really spat and hissed, If I try to touch her upper spine or lightly stroke or touch her around the areas on either side of there she is clearly in pain and meows loudly and hisses. Oh Boy, I cant believe it I'm so worried now.
      She's gone back under the bed again I really don't know what to do. She ate okay about an hour or less ago, but something is clearly wrong. She has been on synulox which is amoxil and clavulanic acid all week 50 mg bd, I thought she seemed brighter too. I just wonder if this is lung or a bony problem thats now sprung up and wondered if anyone has come across this sort of problem before,
      Sorry all to ask, I'll see how she goes and of course will phone the vet for what it's worth If I think it's getting worse, but would love to know your thoughts
      Hugs
      Helen

    • Leah Ferron
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
        Helen,

        I would definitely call the vet. Can you see anything under the fur that might be bothering her? A bump or anything? You never want to chance anything with a heart kitty.

        Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

      • Jamie Cross