  • gcatsndogs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2001
      The good news is that Spud made it through the night. It is going to
      be a gorgeous day in Chattanooga, TN, and Spud will be making a trip
      outside to smell all the smells and listen to the birds.

      The bad news is that he hasn't eaten anything for at least 24 hours.
      I tempted him with part of my hamburger and fries (Mom had to have
      some comfort food), and he smelled them but wouldn't eat. I tried his
      favorite stinky, fishy treats, and he just smelled them. He is still
      drinking on his own.

      He hasn't had any sub-q fluids since Friday afternoon.

      He continues to receive his diltiazem and amlodipine daily.

      I gave him a small dose of Lasix last night because his breathing was
      still labored. His respiration is still high--about 46 this morning.

      I will have our local vet call the vet school in Monday morning and
      consult with the cardiologist. He talked to someone on-call in
      internal medicine yesterday.
      We know he needs fluids, but we also know he doesn't need them in and
      around his lungs.

      My boy is such a sweetie. He was purring so loudly at the vet
      yesterday that the vet had trouble hearing Spud's heart :)

      Thank you for all the kind thoughts, prayers, and encouragement. I
      will think of you all during my plans for the day---watching Spud
      breathe :)

      Rachel and Spud http://y42.photos.yahoo.com
    • gea@alumni.duke.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2001
        Hi, Rachel. We're thinking of you & Spud today. I'm glad he had plans
        to get some fresh air. :) Prayers for his comfort (and yours).

        Gail & Malcolm
      • Lynna
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2001
          Rachel,
          We are lighting a candle tonight especially for Spud. My heart goes
          out to you at this hard time. I know how upset you must be and you
          just have to turn it over to God...Spud will tell you what the best
          thing is to do, if you listen.
          We are thinking of you and Spud.
          Lynna