Hi everyone! I just took in a new foster kitty and have a question re his meds

  • taloah2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2007
      He is on 12.5 mg of atenolol and 7.5 mg of verapamil twice a day. He'd
      been boarding at a vet over a year through Montgomery County SPCA (as
      Pooh Bear but I decided Gryffindor was a more regal name) and when I
      heard of him, I knew I wanted him home with me so he could stop living
      the caged life. Someone I know very casually from online has expressed
      an interest in adopting him, but is a flight attendant and may be gone
      for 16 hours at a time. How much will it hurt a kitty to get his
      medicines 7-8 hours apart instead of 12?

      Thank you!

      Lisa, Angel Dexter, brother Cameron (still going strong at 19 months
      despite advanced hcm and the odd heart failure episode), forever kitty
      Gracie, and now Gryffindor!
    • Leah Ferron
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2007
        Lisa,

        You are such a good foster mommie! I would use your best judgment on the person adopting him. Maybe after you have Gryffindor for a while you might know if he needs his meds more regularly or can go 16 hours without it. Glad to hear that Cameron is still doing well!

        Leah and her cats and Angel Alec