still eating but tired and drinking far less

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2007
      I have a 1 yr old that went into heart failure last weekend. (Until
      then, I didn't know he had HCM)..

      He is due for a bloodwork/Xray checkup on Monday to check his lungs
      and kidneys. (He is on Enalapril, Lasix, and prayer, which have all
      seemed to be helping)

      I am worried because today, he is not drinking very much, and seems
      extra tired - but not exactly lethargic.

      Am I worrying too much ? He is eating and using the litterbox
      (leaving both "#1" and solid "#2" 's)

      Is there something that I should be doing NOW ?

      There isn't a 24hr care center in my area, or I'd take him in now,
      instead of waiting for Monday...
    • Leah Ferron
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2007
        Jen,

        Please let us know your kitty's name. It may be the drugs that are making him tired. You may have already taken him to the vet's by now but did your kitty get an echocardiogram yet? Let us know how his check-up goes. If he doesn't want to drink much, you could add water to some canned food so that he gets the water that he needs. It is good that he hasn't lost his appetite. Once he gets used to the meds you might want to consider adding some supplements like CoEnzyme Q10 and others. If you want some more info on supplements, just email me. I hope all went well over the weekend.

        Leah and her cats and Angel Alec