Re: [FH] ? re: pleural effusion & spironolactone

  • rainycat@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
      It is interesting to see that alot of vets & cardiologist don't want to prescribe this... I wasn't aware of this, it was my Tim's cardiologist that put him on it when the lasix wasn't doing the trick, I quess I am lucky to have a cardiologist who is on top of things.

      --
      Rainy

      From: Sue at MAGDRL <susan@...>
      I have had the same experience as the others who replied. I don't know if
      there's written proof and my cardiologist was also reluctant to add
      spironolactone to the mix. Eventually the lasix wasn't enough so he added
      it to Pepper's list of medications and he was amazed at how well it worked.
      After many more months, we had to adjust and now she's getting
      spironolactone HCTZ. That's working extremely well.

      If your vet / cardiologist would like to speak with mine, please e-mail me
      and let me know so I can give you the contact information and let him know.

      Sue