Re: ? re: pleural effusion & spironolactone

  • pharosmommy
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2007
      Tia, Pharo has severe HCM w/ fluid in his lungs, not so much around.
      At first he was on a high dose of Lasix only, then we added Spiro.
      That still didn't seem to keep him out of CHF. I read on this site
      about Spiro HCTZ. This has worked wonders for us. Pharo takes this
      along with his Lasix. I swear by this drug. My vet only prescribed
      it because I insisted. Both my vet and cardiologist at the University
      of Penn are amazed with the results. Good Luck!
      Love,
      Andrea & Pharo