More questions

  • Cannon,Kimberly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      Ok, when we had blood work done, last visit, about 2 weeks ago, it came back
      with her liver enzymes slightly elevated and her potassium low, but her
      phosphorus was also almost low. On the little bar graph thing her phosphorus
      was on the line, so if it dropped one line it would be low. I thought kidney
      cats had a problem with high phosphorus? She has a gum infection, which the
      vet said could be why the liver enzymes were elevated. But she has always
      had tooth problems...So we are on antibiotics for her gums, MARIN for cats
      for her liver, Tumil K for potassium ( which she HATES), and AZODYL for her
      kidneys. Her bun was 57 and her Creatine was 2.6 So I think this is stage
      2.. The vet wants to put her on a special kidney diet, but the ingredients
      are crap. Also I read that high protein diets can throw the numbers off, and
      I have been feeding the cats innova evo canned which is very high protein
      canned and California natural dry, and Natural Balance Canned. They vet had
      not done blood work on her in 9 months, Could the food which I had changed
      since then at the suggestion of the holistic vet, change her numbers? She is
      acting NO different at all, nit throwing up, not drinking anymore than
      normal, eating the same, so I'm really confused about what I should be
      looking for with her and how to handle this. Can you help?