Re: Keep Hope!

  • cat_crazyfanatic
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2007
      Paula,

      Your fur-baby Jesse has the same birthday as my daughter, Jasmyn
      Victoria.

      She turned one on Feb. the 13th!

      That is so cool!

      Congratulations on the excellent update! That is wonderful news. I
      hope my Mason will have the same bright outcome.

      Lora

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <plplat2003@...> wrote:

      Greetings, everyone!

      Well, my DH and I took Jesse to his regularly scheduled check-up with
      his cardiologist this past weekend, and the news is excellent.
      Jesse's HCM continues to be stable and his meds haven't been
      increased. (He's on atenolol, enalapril, lasix, and baby aspirin.)
      Dr. Zimmerman doesn't need to see my boy for another six months.

      Four years ago, Jesse developed CHF, and his prognosis wasn't that
      bright because it hit him so hard and so suddenly - just after his
      first birthday. BUT Jesse turned 5 years old on February 13 and he's
      doing great.

      So don't give up hope, no matter what the prognosis might be. With
      careful nursing, the correct med dosage, and a bit of luck, kitties
      can - and do! - live longer than the vet might think.

      Purrs from Jesse and his brother Tristan (AKA The White Tornadoes, AKA
      The Valentine Boys).

      And hugs from me!

      Paula, Momcat to Malka, Jesse, Tristan, and Angel Kallie