Faith

  • Voula Augerinos
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2001
      Hi Jonathan,
      I loved what you wrote about faith as a way of dealing with death. You
      know the past year since dealing with the illnesses and losses of my Pebbles
      and Sachie, and finding my Lucy the way I did, has been a profound one for
      me in terms of faith. My faith has been deepened. My fears have also
      deepened in one way, but in another way, other fears have lessened. I can't
      put all of this into one e-mail, but a lot has changed for me. I am now in
      the process of sorting out the changes, processing them, trying to come to
      terms with them. It seems my twenties and thirties which were the decades in
      which I had Pebbles and Sachie were a time of great struggle in many many
      ways. Pebbles and Sachie got me through some of the hardest times of my
      life. The past couple of years, things have been falling into place, a new
      clarity has emerged, more inner Peace. And my girls have moved on to the
      next phase of their journey. What helps me is seeing this bigger picture. It
      is a form of faith. That there is a greater wisdom and purpose at work here,
      than merely a terrible illness which took my girls. In a way it all connects
      too with the loss of my mother when I was young. My mother died of cancer. A
      sudden appearing, quickly progressing form of cancer. Just like my girls.
      But this time around, it will not defeat me in the ways it did when I lost
      my mother. My Pebbles and my Sachie were Angels sent to me to help me heal.
      And my Lucy was sent by Pebbles and Sachie to be with me. She is my gift for
      the love I gave to my older girls. And underlying all of this is my mother,
      my pain at losing her and the love we shared. I know she sent my girls, and
      particularly I feel this very strongly about Sachie. And of course Lucy. The
      connection between Lucy and Sachie continues to amaze me to this day. Their
      mannerisms, habits, personality, so similar. My faith now tells me that life
      continues, that the physical body is a shell, a vehicle, but the soul
      continues.
      Of course I would feel agony again at another loss. That is normal. But
      underlying it all, I have a knowledge now that death is not the end.
      Love, Voula.

      From: Jonathan Rosenberg <jr40@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, 20 June 2001 3:48