RE: [feline-heart] Cupid HCM

  • Sandler, Zellene E.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2001
      Hi, Eileen. Cupid is such a nice name, and I totally understand how you
      feel. Widgie and I are very close, too. I don't know her prognosis. I keep
      wanting to ask the vet but don't have the guts to do it. I have said goodbye
      to 4 of my babies over the years. It is very hard, even though we are giving
      a gift, a release from pain or disease. Each time I tried not to think of
      what I wanted, but what my baby did. I would look into their eyes and talk
      to them about the rainbow bridge and ask the question...was it time? And I
      got answers. I held onto my Boing-boing for a little longer, when I knew he
      was ready to go. Those extra 2 days were for me, and in retrospect I wish I
      had done it sooner. That was a very long time ago, but I still remember. So
      if I see in their eyes that they are ready, I put myself out of the
      decision...it has already been made. It is so very hard and I know that most
      of us eventually have to come to terms with this. How nice it would be if we
      all died peacefully in our sleep.