Re:Sascha's check up

  • nala nala
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      Dear Nina,

      I am happy that Sascha's blood work was good. I am
      sorry about the heart diagnosis.

      I would mention that it is unusual for a cat that
      needs frusemide/furosemide to be able to stop taking
      it. In general, once a cat has required a diuretic,
      it is not likely that they will not require it in the
      future. This is also true with the dosing of the
      drug. Generally, once you need a higher maintenance
      level of frusemide/furosemide you will not be able to
      back down.

      Also, in the United States, many vets and
      cardiologists believe that diuretic treatment should
      be accompanied by ACE-inhibitor treatment (benazepril
      or enalapril). Treatment standards are likely
      different in the UK.

      Wishing you and Sascha the best,

      Nala, Camille and Cozette

      Finding fabulous fares is fun.