ejection fraction

  • bo1024
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      How come I dont hear anyone ever talking about this number from an echo with our cats. I
      myself know mine and I kept trak of my cats if it went up or down. This is the pumping
      ability. I just wondered. Janie
    • nala_zq
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
        Jane,

        I also keep track of all of the numbers I get on my cat's cardiology report, but as the
        numbers don't really seem to influence treatment very much I don't report them, just as I
        don't report how thick any of the heart walls are or what the pressure gradients are in
        conjunction with my cat's LVOT. In addition, different cardiologists use different
        abbreviations and take different measurements. I don't have an "ejection fraction"
        reported on my reports, but I do have a "fractional shortening."

        If you would like to report and discuss the numbers, feel free!

        Best,

        Nala, Camille and Cozette