Re: [FH] Clarissa to cardiologist?

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      Kelley,

      They might need it as a baseline. Heart medications can affect kidneys and
      other items shown by blood work so you need to know the starting point. The
      only thing I can think of is thyroid disease. But that usually would be
      checked in cats that have heart disease already. Some heart disease is
      secondary to hyper-thyroid.

      Typically, when they prescribe medicine for the heart, they would have the
      blood rechecked 1-2 weeks later.

      Sue