RE: [FH] I don't like this ride anymore, can I get offf!!!

  • Cannon,Kimberly
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      The vet does not seem to want to change her atonal or enalapril up any
      because he says her heart rate is well regulated, but we still get that darn
      fluid. She weighs about 8 pounds and gets 37.5 mg a day. 12.5, 12.5, 12.5

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
        Sandra,

        Lasix / furosemide stays in their system for about 6 hours, so you've hit on
        the right idea - to spread out the doses during the day.

        My Pepper gets 20mg at 7am, 3pm and 11pm and it works for her.

        Sue

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
          Kimberly,

          As Lisa said, maybe she needs more diuretics. My Pepper gets 60mg lasix daily (20mg TID) along with 6.25mg spironolactone HCTZ (which is a combination of spiro and another diuretic - hydrochlorothiazide).

          If they add spiro, they will probably start out with the plain spiro (not the HCTZ). It worked for Pepper!

          Sue