Re: [FH] Where can I find normal feline heart values?

  • JOAN
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Try this link.
      http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/clinsci/wing/firstaid/vital.htm

      HTH,
      Joan, (Meows) Missing My Soulmate - Angel Buzzard (5/1/89 - 9/27/06), Sissie, Rowdie, Lovie, C.C., Frostie, Starburst, (Barks) Silly Willy, Sassie Cassie, Girlie, Blue, Angel Outlaw (10/13/92 - 9/29/06), and all the Foster Furkids.bluebabysmomma <bluebabysmomma@...> wrote:
      Hello. My sweet furball, Blue, was just diagnosed with HCM through an
      echo.

      A couple days later his bloodwork also showed some kidney issues. He's
      undergoing a kidney ultrasound right now.

      My question is this: I have the results of his labs and his echo, but
      where can I find "normal" values for a cat's heart so I can compare?

      He seems asymptomatic except for a little weight loss (but we adopted a
      kitten about 6 months ago and thought it was due to this) and increased
      water consumption (but he's always been a big dripping-faucet drinker).

      Thanks in advance

      Kirsten