Re:Supplements

  • amanda
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Good luck with the supps! I just took a look at Daisey Mays pics,(love her name) shes gorgeous and read about her going through pregnancy, wow what a strong kitty! Lovely kitties! kitty hugs Amanda and Silver chan.

    • helen stone
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 18, 2007
        Dear All,
        I have a silly question again, I brought Anna some nordic naturals cod liver oil following someones wonderful recommendation of their products on here, now thinking I might have brought the wrong thing, I'm not sure if the gel caps would be better? I think they have vit e, and the cod liver oil has a and D which I'm not sure I should be giving, the D due to her slightly raised phosphate.
        Also, equally silly, but if anyone knows a web site where I can get her coq 10 and l carnitine I'd really love to know, the ones I have seem to have a lot of additives and weird bases which I'm just not sure I want to pile into her system,
        Sorry,
        Thanks so much
        Helen

      • ittybiity
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 6 7:39 PM
          What other supplements and there doses do you recommend. I know coQ10
          was recommended. Kim
        • Nathalie Bouillon
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 18
            Hello,

            My cat has hcm and has been diagnosed with intestinal lymphoma. He had a cancerous mass removed from the intestine. He is recovering very well.

            The vet advised me to do chemo but I'm scared because of his heart. And also I'm scared it is going to be too expensive. I'm getting broke.

            My cat is taking lasix, plavix and methimazole.
            Somebody from this group kindly advised me supplements to help with heart and immune system:
            - ubiquinol
            - milk thistle
            - marine phytoplancton
            - six gentlepets
            - transfer factor plus
            - noxylane 4 double strength

            Do you know if any of these supplements can interfere with plavix or lasix???

            Thanks!

            Nathalie
          • Carol
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 18
              hi Nathalie,

              None of the anti-cancer supplements will interfere with either Lasix or Plavix.  Ubiquinol (CoQ10), does have some miniscule blood thinning properties, but it's so little that it's not ever even considered a problem with cats taking blood thinners. Milk thistle cleans the liver, again, does not interfere with either drugs.  Marine phytoplankton is really just a food. It doesn't have any diuretic or blood thinning properties.  The transfer factor plus is colostrum and medicinal mushrooms, and won't interfere with the meds.  The Noxylane is also a medicinal mushroom based supplement.

              The only one that I would do some research on is the Chinese herbal formula, Six GentlePets.  I don't know if the ingredients in that have any diuretic or blood thinning properties.

              Hope this helps.

              Carol

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 6

                Our vet is recommending either Thorne Research's Bio Cardio or Vetri Science's Cardio Strength for our little Trixie who was diagnosed a few weeks back. Any one have any experience with either of them? She seems to be doing well with the Plavix, Lasix and Atenolol but still has off days :( Every day at a time right?

              • Karen Bodin
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 6
                  I have been giving the Vetri Science one for many months now for CHF and my cat does very, very well with it. I actually credit it for my cat's well-being. My vet recommended to start with half a capsule once a day for a few days and then give 1/2 a capsule twice a day. The taste must be awful judging by my cat's reaction, so I purchased empty size 4 capsules via amazon and refill the big capsule into 7 little ones, giving 4 in the morning and 3 at night.

                  My cat gets Carbimazole, Enalapril and Amlodipine as meds, and Hi-vite with iron and Vetri Science Cardio Strength as supplements. She also drinks nettle tea and chamomile tea. We were able to stop the Lasix and she does fine without.

                  Karen