Kassy's murmur

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2000
      Hi everyone,

      Kassy had another shivering episode like the one in December when she was
      diagnosed with hyperT. I walked into the bedroom and it was freezing (chilly
      DC weather today), and I found her shivering away. I turned up the heat and
      she still shivered. I brought her to the vet and he found nothing wrong with
      her, and now she's home and she's not shivering.

      So either her T4 is up again (we'll find out soon) or Mom needs to stop
      being so neurotic!

      The one thing that worries me is he found her murmur was a 2-3 (she has
      HCM). This really surprised me because her cardiologist saw her last month
      and said it was a 1-2 and her heart looked great! Her heart rate today was
      180, and 210 at the cardiologist.

      My gut feeling is this is the regular vet's subjective interpretation. He
      considered her murmur "stable."

      Any thoughts on how significant of a change this is...if it really is?

      Thanks.

      Laura