Re: [FH] Valvular Disease - Introducing Daisy

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2007
      Bonnie,

      There is no way to guess how long a cat may live with heart disease.

      The smoke is a bad thing and plavix (or lovenox) do a great job of helping
      to prevent clots. My girl has been on lovenox for several months now and
      I'm sure it's made a difference. Both of these drugs are very expensive.

      If you can, try to get Daisy to see a veterinary cardiologist (or have you
      already?) She probably should be on enalapril.

      For now, be sure she's eating a good quality canned food diet and getting
      supplements like CoQ10. These will help keep her body stronger.

      Sue