Re: [FH] Sibling still upset with tube-kitty/help with grooming/ Ideas

  • Leah Ferron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
      Nala,

      I had the one cat not liking the other when Brett recently had his "sex change" operation for bladder stones. Brett had the surgery in early November and his mother, Tigger, hated him up until 2 weeks ago. Brett had to wear the e-collar for 10 days which all the cats hated and hissed at. Then to add insult to injury, Brett's whole backside was shaved down to the skin. It wasn't until Brett's hair started to really grow back before his mother, Tigger, would go near him without hitting and hissing at him. This was most traumatic for Brett who is a total mommie's boy because he and Tigger always lay together and clean each other. All I could do was give Brett extra attention and love when Tigger was mean to him and tell Tigger to be nice. It eventually came back to normal with those two but it took a long time. I bet once Cozette gets the tube out, things will go back to normal after a few days.

      Leah and her cats and Angel Alec