Re: [FH] Sibling still upset with tube-kitty/help with grooming/ Ideas

  • SEE
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      Nala - Several of our cats adamantly objected to Ruskie's e-tube and they never did get used to it. They would scurry by him and hiss. Fortunately, his tube wasn't in more than 6-7 weeks and we were able to live with the hissing. But it sounds like your two are normally friends. Hopefully someone else can give you some good advice on that one. (I swear that our other cats thought he looked like an outer space monster and were just frightened of him and it had nothing to do with the scents - but who knows!)

      Also, we changed Ruskie's bandage about once every 5 days, especially in the beginning while things were still quite messy. This helped to keep the smell issues down.

      -Sherree' & Ruskie

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
        Sara's bib idea is great one that works really well for me. I have always
        used a Beechnut babyfood bib with a velcro closure when I was syringing
        carafate or nausea meds or pedialyte. A flea comb helps us the best
        with any mats, even for preventing them.

        Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

        On 1/3/07, Sara <sara5266@...> wrote:

        > #1 is a tough one, especially since the smells are still there, poor
        > girl. Maybe its going to take a little more time while she still has the
        > bandages on (or will she ever get it taken out or is this permanent?)
        > Instead of the bandage, could you use a cloth or something like that?
        >
        > #2 could you try a bib? Sounds silly but this is a trick thats used in
        > the persian cat world, to prevent cats from getting stained between
        > shows! When mine get a bad matt, I end up needing to cut it out with some
        > blunt scissors.

      • Cannon,Kimberly