Tansy is having her thyroid checked

  • Lyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hi everyone

      My 5 month kitten is having her thyroid levels checked tomorrow. She
      has all the symptoms of CHF and isn't growing, but hasn't had her heart
      scan yet.

      I read that hyperthyroid can cause secondary HCM and her symptoms fit
      with all the over eating etc. I know it's a one in a million, but I'd
      never forgive myself if I didn't check.

      There is one case of juvenile hyperthyroid in an 8 month old cat, but
      that was a one off, so it's fingers crossed again!

      Trixi, Mili and Maxi are doing well. We are now on 21 pills a day
      between everyone and Trixi spent new year on oxygen after getting
      gastroenteritis and her heart failing. She's home now thankfully, but
      it was another scare. Their pictures are on my website at

      www.jameli-kittens.com

      I'll let you know how the thyroid tests go, but it seems to be worth
      doing for cats showing HCM, especially if it goes with weight loss
      despite eating loads.

      Lyn:)
    • nala nala
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
        Do keep us posted.

        Nala

        --- Lyn <elfinmyst@...> wrote:

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Sue at MAGDRL
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
          Lyn,

          Best of luck to you and Tansy. Please let us know how you make out.

          Sue