Re: [FH] I think my e-mail is down

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      Mine is coming in sporadically too. Someone posted this in another group from the Yahoo people:

      From Yahoo Gordon:

      We are aware of the delays in e mail delivery that are affecting many groups right now. The problem is not related to any of the database and hardware work we were doing earlier in the year. Rather, the primary cause is the "My Wife virus
      (http://vil.nai Com/vil/content/ v_138027. htm ), which has caused a huge spike in the number of e mails sent to Yahoo! Groups. This spike has gone beyond the capacity of our current systems to handle, which is causing the delays in e mail delivery.

      Yahoo! Groups will be continuing our database maintenance on Monday night, January 9, 2007 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time (5:00 am on the 10th (GMT). For approximately 30 minutes, the groups site will be down for all groups. In addition, 25% of groups will be unavailable for an additional 30-45 minutes. Messages sent to affected groups during That time will be queued and delivered once the groups are back online.

      We appreciate everyone's patience and apologize for the unusually frequent series of maintenance downtimes we have had to schedule recently. The holiday season gifted us with an unfortunate combination of hardware failures and data corruption issues. Fortunately, we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, although folks should expect at least one more period of downtime in the coming weeks.

      - Gordon
      Yahoo! Groups Team

      From: "Cannon,Kimberly" <kimberly.cannon@...>