Donating HCM Medication

  • mannomch
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2006
      I didn't see an entry in the FAQ, but I did find a couple of older
      posts about it, so I'll assume it's appropriate unless someone tells
      me otherwise.

      My wonderful companion of 11 years, Loki, finally succumbed to HCM
      back in October. (He lived with this condition his whole life...so
      stay positive out there!) I have unused medication that would be
      completely wasted if I were to discard. I would be happy to donate
      these remaining meds to needy caretakers out there. The only
      compensation I ask is the cost to cover any shipping. And if the
      moderator has specific rules about this, please let me know.

      Here is what I have left:

      1. Enalapril maleate 2.5 MG tabs. Probably 75% remaining of 90 count.
      2. Furosemide 20 MG tabs, already cut into 5 MG doses. Around 20 count.
      3. Separate container of never-used Furosemide 20 MG tabs, 100 count.
      4. Diltiazem-XR 60 MG tabs, some already cut in half. Approx. 30 count.
      5. Clopidogrel bisulfate (Plavix) 75 MG. 9 1/4 count.

      I also have a few leftover, pre-packed gelcaps. Whether these are used
      is at your discretion. But at the very least you can see how
      convenient a prepared gelcap dose is:

      1. Enalapril 2.5 MG + furosemide 5 MG. 3 count. (1 of them also
      contains a 20 MG dose of baby aspirin.)
      2. Dilt-XR 30 MG + furosemide 5 MG + Plavix 18.75 MG. 3 count.