"HONORING THE PETS WHO LIVE IN OUR HEARTS"

  • lfhaug@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2001
      "HONORING THE PETS WHO LIVE IN OUR HEARTS"

      AN INVITATION TO: FRIENDS, CLIENTS & COLLEAGUES

      WHAT: 3rd Annual ! Remembrance Service / Celebration / Honoring of Pets &
      People

      DATE: Sunday, June 24, 2001

      TIME: 2:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Doors open at 2:30 for refreshments and
      browsing / shopping of vendor's booths. Program begins at 3:00)

      LOCATION: Hosted again by Linda Fogarty & Family of Sterett Bros. Hay -
      Thank You !
      Sterett Bros. Hay Barn (425) 402-4498
      22524 75th Ave. SE, Woodinville, WA 98072 (Driving directions on reverse)

      DRESS: Casual - Children and Families Welcome!

      VISIT US: www.wsvma.org (see photos)
      Click "Other News" to view articles from previous Pets, Poetry & Pawprints
      See also: www.rainbowark.com

      Join Veterinarian Dr. Tina Ellenbogen of Mobile Veterinary Services of
      Bothell and guest speakers for an uplifting afternoon
      of information, inspiration, music, memories, poetry & prose - celebrating
      our animal companions and dedicated to the memory of pets who have physically
      left us, but still live on in our hearts.

      We will begin the informal afternoon gathering with the creation of a special
      pet memorial altar -
      Please bring a photo and an item which reminds you of your pet(s) to bless
      the opening of our afternoon's activities.
      This year's program will include sharing of poems, prose, quotations, and/or
      favorite sayings - Please bring an extra copy to leave for inclusion in our
      ongoing scrapbook.

      A Reception hour will follow the program - time to chat informally, indulge
      in some wonderful refreshments and to shop Dr. Tina's "traveling store" of
      pet memorial books, candles, and remembrance items. Other invited vendors
      include: pet loss audiobooks from Debbie Antinori, music, artwork, books, pet
      gift baskets, & photography, (including photos from prior events).
      Information will be available from allied animal groups and businesses, with
      special appearances by Greyhound Pets & others.

      Special gifts for lucky people from our 3rd annual drawing!

      Donations are again accepted & appreciated, but not required for admission.
      We value your presence first and foremost.
      You may also send donations for use at the community level - for educational
      outreach to pet owners & veterinarians.

      Live music this year generously provided by William Zeitler playing the
      intriguing glass armonica,
      which was invented by Benjamin Franklin! Visit: www.glassarmonica.com

      We will be able to accommodate some "at-the-door" participants; however your
      reservations will help us plan a most memorable
      and meaningful event for all.

      Please RSVP by June 15th, 2001 (if possible) to:

      Judy Skow at: (425) 402-6364 or email: jskow@...
      Dr. Tina at: (425) 485-7387 or email: drtinavet@...

      Need more info, a ride, or to send a donation or photos/poems/prose to share?
      Want to order a tape or video?

      Call or email Judy Skow, or mail a SASE to Pets, Poetry & Pawprints 2001 -
      in care of:
      Mobile Vet Services, PO Box 1744, Bothell, WA 98041. Feedback and comments
      most welcome!

      Special thanks to The Deets Family (refreshments), The Skow Family (flyer and
      RSVP's), contributors to our drawing, Ruth Laughlin for the flowers, and all
      the other special volunteers and participants who continue to make this a
      success!

      This year's participants include (as of June 1): William Zeitler with CD's,
      Robin James of Artistree Gallery
      & the Serendipity Books, Laughing Dog Online (Bach Flower Remedies),
      Bunny Bytes and Evergreen Rabbit Rescue, Greyhound Pets, Purrfect Pals,
      Hooterville Safehouse,
      AguaMansa Nursery, Seattle King-County Veterinary Association, and Eileen
      Hanna of the Seattle Storyteller's Guild and Evergreen Hospice. and Pets "n"
      Memory.

      Driving directions to Sterett Bros. Hay:

      The barn is located just northeast of downtown Woodinville.
      Take 405 North to 522 (Monroe exit right near Woodinville).
      From Seattle take Lake City Way. In downtown Bothell is the sign for 522 -
      it's a continuation of Lake City Way/Bothell Way.
      From other locations, call for directions or go to yahoo.com for an online map

      Take Highway 522 East toward Monroe; take the 2nd exit - 195th street.

      At the end of the exit, continue on up the hill over the railroad tracks.

      You want to turn LEFT At the 4th light, - which is the intersection of 156th
      Ave NE and NE Woodinville-Duvall Rd.
      between the Arco and Texaco gas stations on the left.

      Turn left onto 156th Ave. NE (between the 2 gas stations).
      (For those of you familiar with the area - the is the "White Stallion" corner)

      Stay on 156th about 2 miles (it 's name changes to Bostian Rd. and/or 75th)
      - to Sterett Bros. Hay till
      you see the hanging white sign on the left side of the road where the
      driveway meets the road -
      (You cannot see the barn from the road).

      It is the 2nd driveway on the left past a housing development with a big sign
      called Windsor Park
      and just BEFORE the big Church of Christ parking lot (also on the left),
      It is right before the road makes a SHARP bend to the right.

      (If you make a 90 degree turn on the road to the right; you've gone too far!)

      We will have some balloons on the hanging sign and hopefully also on the
      RIGHT side of the road.
      You can't see the barn well from the road - you see a beige square house just
      past the sign.

      Turn in, come DOWN the driveway to the barn or park where valets direct you!

      Welcome!