Re: [feline-heart] Fred's not sure what to expect

  • Anyes Moscrip
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2001
      jjenkins@... wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > First, thanks for this group. It's a huge relief to someone who was
      > told on Saturday that the super healthy, bundle of energy 2 year old
      > Fred (aka the Alien Rodent), while at the vet for a distemper shot,
      > suddenly has a heart murmur. ... Is there anything else I
      > should ask for, or tests that should be run? Any info is
      > appreciated, we're both a little nervous.

      It would not hurt to ask for a blood pressure reading as well. Even though
      Fred is very young, since he has heart issues it would be good to have and
      track in the future. It is non invasive and done awake, preferrably while
      you are in the room comforting him.

      I hope this helps,
      Anyes, Angelica, angels Lucie and Georgina