Re: [FH] OT-Merck Manual for pet owners

  • nala nala
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2006
      Thanks for the info Vickie. It sounds like it will
      make a great addition to the home library! I'll put
      it on next year's Christmas list. I much prefer a
      book in my hand than my fingers on the keyboard.

      I thought I would remind everyone that the Merck
      Veterinary Manual is currently available. I looked at
      one in a chain bookstore but decided against
      purchasing it. It has a lot of info pertaining to
      poultry, horses and pigs.

      Alternatively, one can access this manual online.
      Between the table of contents and the built-in search
      engine it is relatively easy, but not foolproof, to
      pinpoint the information you are looking for.

      http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp

      --- Vickie <VickieJunger@...> wrote:

      I told a survey for this
      > while back, and questioned
      > what happened with the
      > book. I have the
      > human home edition, and
      > enjoy it. I know I can get info from the internet,
      > but it's nice to have the book too.
      >

      > Thank you for the interest in the Merck Manual for
      > pet owners. We're working
      > to complete the book and get it ready for
      > publication next fall. The title
      > will be the Merck/Merial Manual for Pet Health, and
      > it will be available
      > from
      > book sellers everywhere.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Scott Line, DVM, PhD, DACVB
      > Associate Editor, Merck Veterinary Manual
      > Merial Limited

      Want to start your own business?
      Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
      http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index