OT-Merck Manual for pet owners

  • Vickie
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2006
      I just wanted to share. I told a survey for this while back, and questioned
      what happened with the
      book, here is the answer. To mark your calendar for next year, I have the
      human home edition, and
      enjoy it. I know I can get info from the internet, but it's nice to have
      the book too.

      Dear Ms. Junger,

      Thank you for the interest in the Merck Manual for pet owners. We're working
      to complete the book and get it ready for publication next fall. The title
      will be the Merck/Merial Manual for Pet Health, and it will be available
      from
      book sellers everywhere.

      Regards,

      Scott Line, DVM, PhD, DACVB
      Associate Editor, Merck Veterinary Manual
      Merial Limited

      Vickie
      In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
      Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!
    • nala nala
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2006
        Thanks for the info Vickie. It sounds like it will
        make a great addition to the home library! I'll put
        it on next year's Christmas list. I much prefer a
        book in my hand than my fingers on the keyboard.

        I thought I would remind everyone that the Merck
        Veterinary Manual is currently available. I looked at
        one in a chain bookstore but decided against
        purchasing it. It has a lot of info pertaining to
        poultry, horses and pigs.

        Alternatively, one can access this manual online.
        Between the table of contents and the built-in search
        engine it is relatively easy, but not foolproof, to
        pinpoint the information you are looking for.

        http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp

        --- Vickie <VickieJunger@...> wrote:

        I told a survey for this
        > while back, and questioned
        > what happened with the
        > book. I have the
        > human home edition, and
        > enjoy it. I know I can get info from the internet,
        > but it's nice to have the book too.
        >

        > Thank you for the interest in the Merck Manual for
        > pet owners. We're working
        > to complete the book and get it ready for
        > publication next fall. The title
        > will be the Merck/Merial Manual for Pet Health, and
        > it will be available
        > from
        > book sellers everywhere.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Scott Line, DVM, PhD, DACVB
        > Associate Editor, Merck Veterinary Manual
        > Merial Limited

        Want to start your own business?
        Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
        http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index