RIP, Simon

  • JAM0467@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      Hi, everybody...I'm writing with horribly sad news. My prince Simon crossed
      over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon, with absolutely no warning whatsoever.
      It's been 13 months since his diagnosis (obstructive HCM), and he's remained
      asymptomatic and strong and vibrant. He was playing this morning, chasing a
      Christmas ornament. He nuzzled me at lunch time. Then when I came upstairs, he
      sprinted after me, and I heard a crash. I turned around and he was writhing on
      the floor. I won't go into details. Within a minute...he was gone.

      I'm...devastated. There are so many goods I can point to, but he was doing so
      well. We had no indication that the end was near. He just...died. The vet at
      the emergency clinic leans a little more toward blood clot to the heart/lungs,
      based upon my description, but it could have been a heart attack.

      You all love your kittes, so you know what I mean when I say I absolutely
      adored Simon. He was a great big lovable intelligent loyal lug of a kitty (16
      pounds.) And our family won't be the same wiithout him. I haven't told my 3
      year old daughter quite yet. That's next. But I felt the need to let you all
      know.

      Sadly,
      Jennifer, and Angel Simon

      www.jennamills.com
      KILLING ME SOFTLY, Harlequin Signature, May 2006
      VEILED LEGACY, Silhouette Bombshell, December 2006
      MIDNIGHT SECRETS, a 3-book series coming from Silhouette Romantic Suspense in
      2007!

    • pharosmommy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2006
        Dear Jennifer and Angel Simon, I am so sorry to hear about Angel
        Simon's passing. That is something I dread seeing or coming home to
        myself. My baby Pharo is 2 1/2 years old and has severe HCM. He was
        diagonosed in August of this year. My vet keeps telling me that there
        is a very good chance he'll die of a massive heart attack. I am on
        pins and needles contantly. Pharo acts like a kitten...chasing my
        other kitty, jumping 3 feet in the air, on & off the furniture...you
        just want to tell them to relax, but you can't. You have to let them
        do what they want to do and enjoy whatever time they have left.

        Pharo goes into coughing fits where he can't breathe and we have to
        get him in his oxygen tank right away. It's so scary, but just know
        you did your best for your baby...that's all we can do. Take Care of
        yourself.
        Love,
        Andrea & Pharo