Re: [FH] help with grieving

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      Betty,

      Maybe these can help - http://www.magdrl-nj.com/links2.html#loss

      Sue

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Betty Seni" <bmusical@...>
      To: <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 12:03 PM
      Subject: [FH] help with grieving

      > I just ordered two books from Amazon about grieving the loss of a beloved
      pet. I couldn't find them at a local bookstore, so it will be a few days
      before I get them. I was wondering if in the meantime, anyone knows of
      some online resources. Thanks...

    • mfortner@att.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        From: "Betty Seni" <bmusical@...>
        > I just ordered two books from Amazon about grieving the loss of a beloved pet.
        > I couldn't find them at a local bookstore, so it will be a few days before I get
        > them. I was wondering if in the meantime, anyone knows of some online
        > resources. Thanks...
        > Betty

        This is one of the best ones I found when I lost Oscar in 1998 - http://www.petloss.com/

        I posted tributes to both Oscar and Felix on their site and order a print of the Rainbow Bridge story with pictures of Oscar and Felix on it which sits next to the urn with their ashes.

        --
        Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, and Callie
        Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          Dear Betty,

          I am very sorry to hear that Max has left you...after a long, full life.
          Thank you for taking such good care of him.

          These are a few of the things that helped me once our eldest cat had passed:

          1. Teresa Wagner (Animals in Our Hearts):
          http://www.animalsinourhearts.com/comfort/comfort1.htm
          (and there are more links at the bottom of the page)

          2. Sharon Callahan (Anaflora):
          http://www.anaflora.com/grieving/beloved/index.html

          3. "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche (available at
          many libraries)

          With condolences and hope for healing. // Rosemary