Re: [FH] help with grieving

  • JOAN
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      Betty,

      I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the following will help.

      The group for support is Angel on my shoulder. A lot of great people in this group. They have great links on the homepage under links. I am attaching some links for you.

      One of these 2 links should work.

      http://pets. groups.yahoo. com/group/ Angel_On_ My_Shoulders/ ?yguid=178028370

      http://www.pet-loss.net/index.html

      Making a tribute page made me feel a little better. Here is Buzzards.

      http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/personaltribute.php?ID=62142

      http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com This should take you to home page.

      There is another memorial place that cost $25.00 but is interactive.

      www.rainbowsbridge.com/Resident_Maintenance.aspx

      Joan, (Meows) Missing My Soulmate - Angel Buzzard (5/1/89 - 9/27/06), Sissie, Rowdie, Lovie, C.C., Frostie, Starburst, (Barks) Silly Willy, Sassie Cassie, Girlie, Blue, Angel Outlaw (10/13/92 - 9/29/06), and all the Foster Furkids.

      Betty Seni <bmusical@...> wrote:

      I just ordered two books from Amazon about grieving the loss of a beloved pet. I couldn't find them at a local bookstore, so it will be a few days before I get them. I was wondering if in the meantime, anyone knows of some online resources. Thanks...
      Betty

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Betty,

        I have heard this is a very helpful group.

        Hugs,

        Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

        On 12/1/06, Betty Seni <bmusical@...> wrote:

        > I just ordered two books from Amazon about grieving the loss of a beloved
        > pet. I couldn't find them at a local bookstore, so it will be a few days
        > before I get them. I was wondering if in the meantime, anyone knows of
        > some online resources. Thanks...
        > Betty

      • Sue at MAGDRL
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          Betty,

          Maybe these can help - http://www.magdrl-nj.com/links2.html#loss

          Sue

        • mfortner@att.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            From: "Betty Seni" <bmusical@...>
            > I just ordered two books from Amazon about grieving the loss of a beloved pet.
            > I couldn't find them at a local bookstore, so it will be a few days before I get
            > them. I was wondering if in the meantime, anyone knows of some online
            > resources. Thanks...
            > Betty

            This is one of the best ones I found when I lost Oscar in 1998 - http://www.petloss.com/

            I posted tributes to both Oscar and Felix on their site and order a print of the Rainbow Bridge story with pictures of Oscar and Felix on it which sits next to the urn with their ashes.

            --
            Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, and Callie
            Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
              Dear Betty,

              I am very sorry to hear that Max has left you...after a long, full life.
              Thank you for taking such good care of him.

              These are a few of the things that helped me once our eldest cat had passed:

              1. Teresa Wagner (Animals in Our Hearts):
              http://www.animalsinourhearts.com/comfort/comfort1.htm
              (and there are more links at the bottom of the page)

              2. Sharon Callahan (Anaflora):
              http://www.anaflora.com/grieving/beloved/index.html

              3. "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche (available at
              many libraries)

              With condolences and hope for healing. // Rosemary