help with grieving

  • Betty Seni
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      I just ordered two books from Amazon about grieving the loss of a beloved pet. I couldn't find them at a local bookstore, so it will be a few days before I get them. I was wondering if in the meantime, anyone knows of some online resources. Thanks...
      Betty

    • JOAN
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Betty,

        I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the following will help.

        The group for support is Angel on my shoulder. A lot of great people in this group. They have great links on the homepage under links. I am attaching some links for you.

        One of these 2 links should work.

        http://pets. groups.yahoo. com/group/ Angel_On_ My_Shoulders/ ?yguid=178028370

        http://www.pet-loss.net/index.html

        Making a tribute page made me feel a little better. Here is Buzzards.

        http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/personaltribute.php?ID=62142

        http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com This should take you to home page.

        There is another memorial place that cost $25.00 but is interactive.

        www.rainbowsbridge.com/Resident_Maintenance.aspx

        Joan, (Meows) Missing My Soulmate - Angel Buzzard (5/1/89 - 9/27/06), Sissie, Rowdie, Lovie, C.C., Frostie, Starburst, (Barks) Silly Willy, Sassie Cassie, Girlie, Blue, Angel Outlaw (10/13/92 - 9/29/06), and all the Foster Furkids.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          Hi Betty,

          I have heard this is a very helpful group.

          Hugs,

          Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

          On 12/1/06, Betty Seni <bmusical@...> wrote:

          > I just ordered two books from Amazon about grieving the loss of a beloved
          > pet. I couldn't find them at a local bookstore, so it will be a few days
          > before I get them. I was wondering if in the meantime, anyone knows of
          > some online resources. Thanks...
          > Betty

        • Sue at MAGDRL
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            Betty,

            Maybe these can help - http://www.magdrl-nj.com/links2.html#loss

            Sue

          • mfortner@att.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
              From: "Betty Seni" <bmusical@...>
              > I just ordered two books from Amazon about grieving the loss of a beloved pet.
              > I couldn't find them at a local bookstore, so it will be a few days before I get
              > them. I was wondering if in the meantime, anyone knows of some online
              > resources. Thanks...
              > Betty

              This is one of the best ones I found when I lost Oscar in 1998 - http://www.petloss.com/

              I posted tributes to both Oscar and Felix on their site and order a print of the Rainbow Bridge story with pictures of Oscar and Felix on it which sits next to the urn with their ashes.

              --
              Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, and Callie
              Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
                Dear Betty,

                I am very sorry to hear that Max has left you...after a long, full life.
                Thank you for taking such good care of him.

                These are a few of the things that helped me once our eldest cat had passed:

                1. Teresa Wagner (Animals in Our Hearts):
                http://www.animalsinourhearts.com/comfort/comfort1.htm
                (and there are more links at the bottom of the page)

                2. Sharon Callahan (Anaflora):
                http://www.anaflora.com/grieving/beloved/index.html

                3. "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche (available at
                many libraries)

                With condolences and hope for healing. // Rosemary