Re: [FH] (Sort of) new member intro

  • betty_boop_ct
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30 6:45 PM
      Hi Karen,

      I posted to the board this morning but for some reason it did not
      show-up. Please check your mail. I sent you a message.

      Take care,

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Stimson"
      <karenstimson@...> wrote:
      > Sue, I'm in Connecticut, and until I got the message from Lisa
      today I hadn't been able to find any vet cardiologists in the
      state. I've asked her for the info so I can see if her cardio is
      within driving distance for me, and I've got my fingers crossed!
      > Thanks a bunch--
      > Karen

      Wally was on
      > Enacard for the last few years of his life (our previous vet
      switched him fr
      > om atenolol because of some research he read, I think), but I
      don't know if
      > it's the right med for him. Our vet said she was really not sure
      > and I would also like to have a more expert opinion on whether
      Eddie needs
      > an anti-clotting med as well.
      > >
      > > Wally didn't take anticoagulants, and never threw a clot, but
      his disease
      > was very slow to progress and he really showed no clinical
      symptoms (other
      > than the murmur) until the very last couple of days of his life,
      when he had
      > multiple other health challenges (diabetes, pancreatitis and
      CRF) and never
      > went into heart failure, so we were extremely lucky with him.
      However, that