Re: [FH] Re:HELP - Has anyone ever seen this??? (long)

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      Meredith,

      I just spoke with the cardiology intern this morning. She said the
      bloodwork is completely normal and that if Pepper had thrown a clot, her
      enzyme levels would be eleveated - but they're not.

      I did tell them that Pepper has had 4 ticks on her in the past few weeks.
      That's a lot considering that her only outdoor time is when the two of us
      take a short walk around the house and maybe up the hill in the back. I've
      been very careful in removing them so I don't squeeze their bodies. I have
      a little tick-remover that's like a tiny scoop with a wedge cut out. It
      works really well.

      I know that lovenox is a low-molecular weight heparin. You know, the vet
      didn't have any on hand even though they have a full-service pharmacy. But
      that gave me a reason to go back with food, litter, and all sorts of things
      for my girl. I labeled it "Pepper's overnight kit".

      Today Pepper will be seen by the cardiology intern, the board-certified
      cardiologist and a cardiology resident. I sure hope all these heavy-weights
      can figure something out. My big concern is that she doesn't seem to be
      eating. But then she will probably come home this afternoon.

      I'll say a prayer for Wonder. She will let you know when she's ready to go.
      It's just so hard when you're anticipating it. How's Kevin holding up?

      Sue