Re: echo - persians

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hi Bev - my Toby is a persian too, and they do shave him for his ultrasound. But its only in a little spot. At our clinic they have a table with a small opening in it which they lay him over it, lay him on his side and and go up through the hole while another technician holds him. They do use a gel like with the human ultrasounds. After its done his hair is very icky since its long and the gel makes it matted, so I just ask them to shave his whole belly, which I think he likes anyway, I periodically shave his belly myself and my other persian too who gets the full lion cut in the summer (Toby is too pretty and snowy white to shave it all off! My other one Benji just matts like crazy and is always a mess!) . The whole time he's on the table getting the ultrasound is about 10 - 15 mins. Its very calm, quiet, and the room is darkened to see the monitor better. For us its a calm experiance, but Toby is a mellow cat and when he's he just freezes up instead of fighting
      me, which I'm thankful for!

      Re: echo