Re: [feline-heart] New person

  • masaidit
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2001
      Hi Debra,

      >>Tigger was diagnosed with crf and hcm in November. He's now
      10 yrs old. He does not have high blood pressure. I am giving
      him 1/4 pill of atenolol every other day. >>
      Have you done another ultrasound since Nov?

      >>>That is all I am doing for his heart.>>
      Has there been any negative changes?

      >>I'm wondering what else I should be doing and/or giving
      him. Aynes suggested CoQ10, as well as an e supplement and
      vitamin c. I will be talking to a nutritionist in the not too distant
      future (as soon as I save up the money), and I will run that by her.
      Any other suggestions?>>>
      Having you discussed this with your vet? Before starting anything new please do speak with a nutritionist or vet. Although rare some kitties may react to supplements.

      >>>For the crf he's on pettinic, tumil-k, fish oil, calcitriol, pepcid,and
      seb (and a fingerful of vaseline, which sounds gross, but he loves!)>>>
      I am a bit concerned about the vaseline - do you give it daily? Are you giving it for constipation?

      >>> I am totally crazy about this cat. >>
      I totally understand :)

      >> I think I've been in denial about his heart condition, but, to be honest, so has the vet. No one really deals with his heart condition at all. Is that because not much can be done?>>
      Have you seen a cardiologist? I don't know the answer to your last question but do feel that the heart must be the top priority... 2nd to the kidneys.

      Sharon