Re: [feline-heart] Vit E. question

  • Voula Augerinos
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi Debra,
      According to Cheryl Schwartz DVM in the book "Four Paws Five
      Directions", she says for early heart imbalances, give 50 IU every day for
      cats and small dogs. For cardiomyopathy, she says small doses, 25 IU every
      other day. Too high a dose can increase blood pressure.
      Love, Voula.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
        yarringt@... wrote:

        > For those of you who are giving Vitamin E to your cats, how much?
        > I just started giving Tigger 1 squeezed out capsule (200 IU's) of
        > Vitamin E every other day - is that too much?

        I was giving 100 per day, per the vet recommendation.

        Anyes
      • gea@alumni.duke.edu
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
          This is great; thanks, Voula.