Yahoo groups and the people who make them happen

  • moriahkeith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      OK, I just wanted to say that Lisa's post made me cry. I rescue cats
      because I'm crazy but Lisa is a real gem of a person. I feel
      unbelievably lucky to have met her because without her, Lilly's life
      would not be 1/10th as happy, rich, and cherished as it will be now.
      I know that all of you appreciate Lisa's knowledge, warmth, and
      wisdom already but she just made my person of the millenia.

      I also wanted to say how wonderful Yahoo groups are. Not only have
      Yahoo groups saved 2 of my own kitties lives (cancer and anemia),
      your group has now facilitated an adoption of a very difficult to
      adopt(though loveable) cat. I just really wanted to thank everyone
      for taking time out of your lives to offer good advice, console, and
      impart your experiences to people in need.

      I work in rescue and most weekends I travel to Petsmart with some
      kitties, hoping for an adoption, and most of the time I am confronted
      with people who are careless or indifferent about their pets.
      Unbelievably, many people like to tell me about how a pet died
      needlessly, was given away due to inconvenience, or ran away as if I
      am some cat priest who will absolve their pet sins. It is really
      nice, and good for my sanity, to read posts from people who are
      dealing with bad medical conditions but who actually cherish their
      pets and treat them with the respect and dignity they deserve. You
      are all very special, wonderful people.