Re: [FH] Not new to list but new cat, sad ending...

  • Mona Motz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
      Thank you Leah.

      I have to say I am on many yahoo groups. The outpouring of "family" type of sympathy on this group is incredible. I have had so many responses, and all have made me feel so much better, and not so alone.

      Thank you all who responded. I am attaching a picture of Morty so everyone can see him, he is with another cat so you can see how huge he is (the other cat is an average 7-pounder).

      Again, thanks to all!
      Mona (and Alvin, the other HCM foster kitty in my house)

      Leah Ferron <leahandhercats@...> wrote:
      Mona,

      What a true hero you are! I am very sorry for your family's loss of Morty. It is so unfortunate that heart disease is such a silent killer. But what a lucky kitty he was to have such a wonderful family to give him food, shelter and love. He couldn't have asked nor wanted for more.

      There have been miracle kitties like Monkey, who just passed away today, who have survived a clot. But they are not in the majority due mostly, in my opinion, to the lack of research in feline heart disease. Most vets, and therefore owners, just don't know how to deal with it. And there is the fact that it is usually a very painful condition that no owner wants their cherished pets to go through. If you are questioning if you did the right thing for Morty - don't question. If you took his best interests at heart in making the decision, then it was right!

      Again, I am very sorry for your loss. Feral or not, he was family!

      Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

      Mona Motz, Foster Mom Extraordinaire
      Purrs And Whiskers Shelter, Inc. (PAWS)
      321-752-5120
      We are volunteers and all have regular jobs in addition to doing rescue. So we prefer to email rather than return phone calls, as we can fit this in during our lunch hours, breaks, and late at night. Thanks for understanding! We also DESPERATELY need foster homes, as do all shelters. In 2002 in Brevard County, FL, an average of 500+ cats and 200+ dogs were killed PER MONTH due to overpopulation. Please spay and neuter, and really go the extra mile -- spay and neuter your "neighborhood strays" (call or email us for low-cost vaccine and clinic info). Thanks! =^..^=

      If you can't be a good example, then
      you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
      ~Catherine Aird~