re: Welcome Lilly!

  • Meredith
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2005
      Lisa,

      Welcome to Lilly. You are such an amazing person and friend to cats. For you to welcome Lilly into your home and heart knowing what that could mean is so amazing to me. I hope to never have to deal with these problems with another beloved pet, but I have to say I guess your welcoming availability is more advanced than my attitude. I truly admire you....

      Meredith

    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi All,

        Well, today was the day -- I went to Logan Airport where I met Moriah and
        picked up our new girl Lilly (HCM, VSD). She was a perfect angel during the
        ride home, despite having to listen to her new mommy curse Massport and the
        'civil engineers' who designed the roads in and out of the airport on the
        way out. She met her new brothers and sister, and so far fur has not been
        flying and she's asleep IN my bookcase. She is quite the gorgeous little
        girl -- I've never had a 'money cat' before -- and very sweet and friendly.

        I would like to take this opportunity to thank and honor Moriah, foster-mom
        extraordinaire and a true friend to felines. Lilly was one of twenty-two
        cats Moriah cared for and it says an awful lot about the time and attention
        she gives her charges that Lilly was happy and comfortable enough to curl up
        for a nap in a strange house with three strange cats after flying for two
        hours to reach her new home. That Moriah took a day to fly her here *also*
        says a lot about this amazing woman! She will, as my grandmother used to
        say, get her crown in heaven for this.

        Lisa

        --
        "We need another and wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals
        .... In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and

        --Henry Beston, The Outmost House

      • Leah Ferron
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
          Lisa,

          I hope all went well on your first night with Lilly! I think both you and Moriah are extra special people! We all look forward to hearing about how she is doing, along with your other fur-babies.

          Leah and her cats and Angel Alec